Lash artists all over agree that the single biggest myth about getting eyelash extensions is that it can damage your natural lashes! This common misconception is responsible for a lot of clients being nervous about their appointments for no reason.
Saying lash extensions can damage your lashes is like saying that cooking will burn your food. It is not true unless done improperly. In fact, with proper technique and application, lashes are anything but damaging!
Getting Eyelash Extensions is a completely pain-free experience. But here are some steps to keep in mind when you prepare for your appointment:
- Avoid the use of mascara three days prior to your appointment. The compounds of this mascara tend to stay in your lashes even after proper cleansing which can prevent the adhesive from bonding properly.
- Clean your lashes and face before arriving: The adhesive used to apply cannot bond properly if there are residual oils and makeup. Never arrive at a lash salon wearing a full face of makeup as it will cost time from your appointment to remove the makeup.
- Avoid oil-based products in and around your eyes: If you use an oil-based makeup remover, make sure you remove it too from around your eyes completely.
- Arrive freshly showered and with clean hair as you won’t be able to wet lashes 24 hours after the initial application.
- Remove contacts in case you wear them. We recommend you stick to glasses on the day of service. Being contact-free is a safety precaution we recommend so your eyes stay healthy and happy. Be prepared to wear glasses even after the application of your lashes is complete, as your contact solution may wet the lashes.
- Keep water away from your eyes in all circumstances for 12 to 24 hours after getting your lashes done. This is because water can weaken your lashes causing them to fall off.
If you experience any sort of discomfort during the procedure, inform your artist immediately. You may need to change the glue. Getting lash extensions is a completely pain-free experience and should not cause even a slight bit of pain or discomfort.
- The most eyelash extensions can do is give you allergies. Although it is highly dependent on the kind of glue that is applied.
- It is also advised that you avoid using waterproof mascara as it can be difficult to remove and can pull off lashes prematurely when trying to take it off.
Lash extensions can make your no-makeup look an instant reality. They easily enhance your eyes by bringing attention and highlight the color of your eyes.
As lashes are eyes are a sensitive area it is a must that you find professionals who are properly trained and certified to be sure that they can apply lashes without damaging your natural lashes or eyes.
At Wisp Lashes, lash artists are highly trained to always deliver a smooth and hygienic experience. If you are still in a dilemma, you can chat with our experts to guide you through the process. Happy lashing!